I love planning my next holiday or weekend away. The excitement of going somewhere new and exploring creates huge dedication on my part to find the perfect place to stay. I choose boutique accommodation wherever possible, I look for places by the sea, I look for simplicity, character and bags of style . Choose the place right and my family is happy to idly relax the vacation days away.
My top 5 sites have made it so much easier for me to find the right holiday spots and more importantly they have saved me from the disheartening task of trolling through endless pages containing thousands of homogenous hotels that seem to be on offer from the more traditional sites.
MY TOP 5 TRAVEL SITES
- www.iescape.com – a brilliant website featuring a range of property’s at all price points. I love the fact that they list both the positives and the negatives of each place and have a write up about the region.
- www.tablethotels.com – this site lists accommodation that is perfect for a truly decadent break away in some of the most exclusive hotels around the world.
- www.boutique-homes.com – as the name suggests this site is for holiday homes around the world. A great start for that next family holiday!
- www.designtripper.com – you can’t actually book accommodation on this blog but their write-ups and holiday spots are just divine. You’ll be inspired with some great ideas and beautiful pictures for finding the perfect place to stay.
- www.greatsmallhotels.com – the company name says it all, it has some great small hotels!
It’s already the middle of November ….. get your summer holiday booked today!
[photo via Pinterest]